TeamLook and TeamSpec Upgrade Policy
Tuesday, January 07, 2014
With the latest releases of TeamLook and TeamSpec there have been some changes to our licensing policy. We are excited to announce that we have fulfilled a popular customer request; allow their license to work on multiple machines. Previously, our licensing was per-machine. Now, it is per-user. There are several benefits with this new model:
- A user on a Windows active directory environment can activate TeamLook or TeamSpec on their desktop, and then install the product on their laptop (if part of the same active directory domain), and the product will be already activated.
- A user no longer needs Administrator permissions to install TeamLook or TeamSpec, thereby simplifying the installation process.
These changes have had an effect on our previous licensing model. Customers who have purchased TeamLook or TeamSpec in the past year will be able to upgrade to the latest version free of charge. Customers who purchased prior to November 1, 2012 have these options:
- You can continue to use the version you purchased perpetually free of charge.
- You can upgrade your licenses to the newest version for a reduced license fee. TeamLook can be upgraded to v5 for $49 per license key and TeamSpec can be upgraded to v5 for $149 per license key. Please contact sales with your current license key for a personalized quote.
- If you purchased a Premium Support Agreement (PSA) for your license then all upgrades are included free of charge. The PSA is an annual agreement that includes access to all new versions while the PSA is in effect. More details can be found on the Premium Support Agreement page.
Thank you to all of our customers for your continued support and feedback!